Mark Zuckerberg Scholarship for students and fellowship program is intended to encourage and support promising doctoral students who participate in innovative and relevant research in the fields of computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
However, the program is open to students of every doctoral year. We also encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented minority groups.
Similarly, applications will be assessed based on the strength of the research declaration, the publication protocol, and the student’s recommendation letters.
Winners are entitled to two years of tuition and fees, an annual $ 42,000 allowance to cover travel and conference expenses, a paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual scholarship summit, and various ways to interact with Facebook researcher.
Mark Zuckerberg scholarship and fellowship Award
1. Tuition fees and other fees for the academic year (up to two years / four semesters)
2. An annual allowance of $ 42,000 to cover travel and living expenses.
3. Paid visit to the Facebook headquarters for the annual scholarship summit
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students who are currently involved in ongoing research and are enrolled at an accredited university in any country.
- Student work must be linked to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below)
- Applicants must be enrolled in the academic year or years in which the scholarship is awarded
- Students should not apply for Facebook scholarships if they are actively funded by Facebook through other sponsors or collaborations and / or if they are actively supervised (or supervised) by a Facebook researcher. If in doubt, send an email to Academicrelations@fb.com.
How to Apply Mark Zuckerberg scholarship
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of interest, relevance to the area, and applicability of Facebook’s research planned during the fellowship (see Research Areas below)
- Curriculum vitae or resume with e-mail, telephone and postal address and the corresponding commented course
- Two letters of recommendation. Please provide reference email addresses. A reference must come from an educational advisor.
Research Areas for Mark Zuckerberg Facebook Scholarship for Students,
Applications for the scholarship will be accepted from students with research in one of the following areas listed below:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Privacy and Ethics
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Instagram / Facebook application well-being and security
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Programming Languages
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Structured Data Stores
- Systems for Machine Learning