John Monash Scholarship 2021: John Monash Scholarship programs are special sponsorship programs for outstanding and excelling, top-notch graduate students. The program was first inaugurated to honor General Sir John Monash, who was one of Australias finest leaders.
About John Monash Scholarship
The John Monash Scholarships are prestigious postgraduate scholarships awarded by the Sir John Monash Foundation to outstanding Australians with leadership potential who wish to study at any university overseas.
The John Monash Scholarships are amongst the most important postgraduate scholarships currently available in Australia.
They are designed to help Australia’s outstanding students go through their studies and are rated in the same category as the British Rhodes Scholarship and the American Fulbright Program.
Why apply for a J. Monash Scholarship?
- Uniquely Australia Scholarships, established in Australia for Australian citizens, for the benefit of Australia.
- Open for people of all ages and from all fields of endeavour to undertake a postgraduate degree (Masters, PhD or equivalent degree) overseas.
- Not restricted by where you would like to complete your postgraduate degree overseas, as long as you can demonstrate why it is the best place in the world for you to be.
Eligible Nationality: For Australian citizens, or eligible as long as you can demonstrate why it is the best place in the world for you to be.
Course Level: (Masters, Ph.D. or equivalent degree)
Access Mode: Available Online
Therefore, eligible applicants, must Meet the following to be eligible for the grant;
1. Be an Australian Citizen;
2. Have completed or been about to complete a full degree from an Australian University, and;
3. Be planning to undertake postgraduate study at an overseas university commencing in the calendar year following the year of application and selection; it is not necessary to have already been accepted to the institution at the time of applying.
4. To be eligible for the John Monash Scholarship you must plan on undertaking your postgraduate degree the year after application and selection. E.g. an applicant submitting an application in the 2020 calendar year, must be planning on commencing their studies in the 2022 calendar year
In awarding John Monash Scholarships, factors considered include:
- Excellence in the candidate’s field of expertise – Usually a university degree obtained with outstanding results, but can also be demonstrated through prizes, awards, publications, performance, exhibitions and professional endeavors;
- Leadership – Candidates should demonstrate leadership experience or potential in the field of study, professional environment, and/or the community.
- Research project or study program – Specific, well-developed case for support for the candidate’s study at the best overseas university in their field. It is not necessary to have been accepted at the institution at the time of applying for the Scholarship;
- Proposed career pathway– Candidates must present a credible pathway, addressing an issue the applicant is passionate about, and which will be of benefit to Australia; and
- 3 references: outlining the applicants’ abilities and endorsing the proposed course of study – there may be any combination of academic, personal, and professional.
- Each year, about 15 to 20 well-deserving postgraduate Students are awarded the Scholarship and each of these scholarships is valued at AUD $70,000 per year. The offer runs through for a maximum of three years totaling up to AUD $210,000.
- Support to travel to the location of your postgraduate study overseas from Australia.
How To Apply For Monash Scholarship
However, to be considered for the John Monash Scholarship application 2020 2021 interested qualified applicants are required to visit the official website of the scholarship.
- 1st May – Online Applications Open
- 14th July 11.59pm AEST – Online Applications Close
- August – September – First Round Panels Panels
- October 12-16 – National Interviews held
- November – Scholarship offers made
NOTE: The Foundation accepts applications once a year, applications are not accepted outside of the set round each year, and also you will be assigned according to the state listed in your application.